Saturday, April 19, 2008

Inspired

Lately I've been feeling a bit inspired when I have a camera in my hand. Part of it is that my kids are so enchanting. Yeah, I'm their mom, and of course I think that. But I'm also keenly aware of how fast this whole baby stage goes, so I'm probably trying to capture the present so that I can revisit it when I'm actually getting a full night's sleep.

I've also been inspired by some creative bloggers, and one in particular is the Pioneer Woman. She's got these great pictures and though she admits to doctoring them with Photoshop, they are amazing.

So I've been keeping my camera on the kitchen counter and grab it throughout the day. When we go to the park, the camera comes with us. My first goal was to just take more pictures. Here are some of my favorites.


Sam and his friend E were gardening at the little plot next to the park. They spent an hour picking the weeds!















Here's a nice smile from Nate:















Sam started t-ball this past Friday. He was so excited, and it made for a great photo op, too! Not only did I capture him making memories of his first t-ball experience, but some of his best friends from school were there, too.


Levi even got in on the action. He's covering 2nd base. :)











So after experimenting with everyday candid shots, I decided to pull out all the stops and create a photographer's canvas. We have great natural light that comes through our windows and into our play area during the middle of the day, so I draped a white sheet over the gingham couch and - voila - I had a studio. I did this about a year and a half ago and got great results.

Here are some of my favorites:





















I really do love all of these. But this one is my day's masterpiece. I'm going to call it "Saturday Morning". Or maybe "Hair that Defies Gravity".

No comments: