Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Third Trimester, Here I Come


Well, today I'm officially 29 weeks along, which is actually 2 weeks into the third and final trimester of this pregnancy. This is the latest belly pictures, taken at 28 weeks.

I find that, as a pregnant woman there are two things people say to me often:

1.) "How are you feeling?" This is a hard one for a couple of reasons. 50% of the time the most truthful answer is "lousy" or "big", but it's just not a great way to start a conversation, right? Although I do try to be honest. The other 50% of the time I truly feel great, and don't have much to say about it. At those times I feel more like I should be giving a more thorough report, haha! It's nice of people to ask, of course.

2.) "You're looking great!" (or some variation of this). Now, don't get me wrong, it's great to hear. But it's humorous and ironic to me that when I have gained many pounds over my usual weight and don't often feel like I look great, I'm told this almost daily. It is a blessing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know how some women are just adorable when they are pregnant? Well, you're one of them!
Hmmm, let's think of some other questions we could ask you . . .
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
What is your biggest challenge raising 2 active boys?
How do you plan to balance ministry with family?
(hope those made you smile a bit . . .)
Hey, we love you, Jen! I enjoy reading your updates. Miss all of you, too.
Kelly