Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Earthly and Heavenly Fathers


Last night when I was trying to get Sam back to sleep, he kept asking me where I was going when I left his room (i.e., to the living room, not the store). I was trying to reassure him that he would be fine (he's been saying, "is anything not going to happen? Will there not be any shadows?"), telling him that not only would I be home and Daddy would soon be home too, but that God is always with him, loves him and will take care of him. Then he said thoughtfully, "Are Daddy and God big?" I answered yes. Then he said, "Are Daddy and God grown-ups?" I had to answer yes to that one, too, although I'm not really sure what the answer is. Shows there's truth to the teaching that our earthly fathers help us understand our heavenly Father.

No comments: