This is why I can jokingly say that I wonder lately if both my boys don't have OCD, that is, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Here are a few evidences of Sam's:
- As we daily make our walk through the hallways of our apartment building, through the parking garage and to our car, Sam has a certain ritual he must keep. He has to tap certain parts of the walls. He has to walk on the arrows painted on the floor of the parking garage. If he forgets to do any of these things, he has to run back to do it, and if I try to stop him from doing so he throws a fit!
- After washing his hands in the bathroom sink, Sam has a little toy frog that fits perfectly into the cup he uses to rinse his mouth after brushing his teeth. The frog must go in the cup, and the cup must be filled to the top with water, "so the frog can have a bath, because he likes water". (See top picture).
- He is obsessed with playing the drums, and more broadly, with playing any musical instrument he can get his hands on. ("Mom, we need to buy a squeeze-box!")
Levi has even shown a few tendencies:
- He loves to flip his lips with his fingers, or with anything else he can hold in his hand. He'll have a toy in his hand, then use it to flip his lips. Lately he has taken to flipping my lips with his fingers while he nurses!
- He loves to be naked. He's become quite adept at crawling, and after his bath does everything he can to escape before being clothed.
- As of about a week ago, he's obsessed with eating cheerios.
Thankfully, I not only google but also read up on child development and talk to other moms, and I realize these things are *relatively* normal. Knowing this, I get a lot of good laughs when these things don't drive me crazy!