Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mike took Sam bowling with him tonight. They went with several students from AU, and just got home not long ago. While they were gone, I of course stayed home with Levi and Nate. Nate napped on and off until he went to bed, so I had lots of one-on-one time with Levi. We played with balls and cars, had dinner, and then I let him take a shower.

(Sounds bizarre, I know. But since they've been congested the past week we started letting Sam and Levi play in the shower stall in our master bathroom, complete with a bucket and cups. It has been a big help with both the congestion as well as the doldrums.)

I was a little concerned as I put him to bed that he wouldn't cooperate without Sam and Daddy there during our little routine. But instead, he was more into the book reading, and when it came time for songs and prayer he just cuddled up in my arms and relished in it.

When Mike and Sam got home around 9 (! - so late for Sam!) Sam had obviously had a blast. He was sleepy and smiley. I asked him if he liked hanging out with the students. He looked at Mike and said, "I like hanging out with YOU!"

Oh, to give them the one-on-one attention they crave every day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I second that!