Today is Sam's 5th birthday! I'll blog more about the festivities when we're home from vacation, but I thought I'd contemplate some of the ways I've changed since becoming a mother:
- I can accomplish more in a day with less sleep than I ever did before kids.
- I am more creative - I can entertain a 2 year old with an ear infection for 45 min. in a doctor's office in a pinch.
- I drink just as much coffee, but it's almost never at a coffee shop.
- If I'm going anywhere, I start to prepare for the outing at least an hour in advance, if not more. I factor in 15 minutes just to get everyone strapped into the car.
- I do waaaay more laundry.
- I actually know how to cook.
- I am more merciful, less selfish, and more empathetic. Except when my hubby tries to sleep in because he has a cold. (Sorry, Hon.)
- I take fewer showers. ;)
- My home is not as clean. Or should I say, my home is not clean.
- I cry at anything having to do with children being harmed, including the 5:00 news. Scratch that - we don't watch the 5:00 news anymore so that our children are not exposed to violence.
- Small talk that doesn't involve the subject of young children is very hard to come up with.
- I have a blog.
This is certainly not an exhaustive list. But one thing I know: God is working out my salvation through my children. I am changed, and I don't always like what I am but I know I am better because of raising these babes. It is hard, but it is good.
I love my life.